Saturday 25 January 2014

Second Collage - Initial & Developed Sketches

Development of Collage 2 -



Here is my second collage so far. I have used the same green and black texture as my first one but have made it come over her skin as she is being taken over by her nightmares. I added the pink paint splatter but I may change it as it looks a little tacky.

Next I added some more of my paint effects and used a range of blending modes and filters to build up a texture for her hair before adding the hand print which I turned blue using one of the blending modes.

I added this red spot print I hand painted to give it a more artsy look than Collage 1 but it needs more texture so I'm going to play around with some filters and colour effects to see some possibilities. I also added my 'SWEET DREAMS' text so continue more elements from my first collage.

I added some noise and posterised a duplicated layer of the spots to make it appear 3D.

I added a different canvas print to the one in Collage 1 as this one already has a gradient.
I also added a silhouette of a bush I took in my garden to her shoulder.

I began to start blending in some other colours and adding some splats using the Photoshop brushes. I also blurred the spots to make them less prominent as I was adding more elements.

I continued to blend new colours using the paint brush and gradient tools.

I had filled the canvas but I felt this was a little too much and would be quite confusing so I want to tone down some of the colours.

I took away some of the painted areas and lowered the opacity of a lot of the layers.

I took the 'SWEET DREAMS' text out of her hair, enlarged it and placed it at the bottom of the canvas to make it easier to read and to give a bigger impact.

I added that light effect over the top to continue the idea that she is being taken over by her nightmares and fears. I then layered a canvas print over the top of everything to tone it down a little and add some texture. The spots' colours also changed a lot as I experimented with various filters and blending modes. I used the grass brush in pink over the text to make it seem alive and to have more personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment